☺Avoid virus spreading through USB drive☺
• Virus & worms are easily spread by carrying it on a removable medium
such as ,USB drive , I-Pod, CD, Floppy
• USB drive is otherwise called as “Flash Drive”,”Thumb Drive” ,”Memory
stick” ,”External USB Hard Disk”.
• Even though we have very good Antivirus , New Viruses are one step
Ahead than Antivirus
• We cannot restrict USB Drive , but we can avoid spreading of virus &
worms through USB Drive.
• So we have to be little bit careful while working with USB Drive,some
precautionary steps are follows
How to avoid ???
• Don’t allow the USB Drive to Auto Play after plug in, cancel it.
• Go to My computer
• Devices with Removable storage
• Do not Double click the USB Drive
• Note the drive letter assigned to USB Drive as mentioned in the Fig
• Here E:
• Go to Start => Run => Type E:
• Now you can view the Contents of your USB Drive
• Copy the necessary files
• Repeat the Process while using USB Drive
• Now your Laptop is free from viruses & worms.
• It is a time consuming process, but no other way to avoid the virus.
HOW TO FIND USB DRIVE AFFECTED WITH VIRUS ???
- After inserted USB drive
- Enable Hidden files & folders
There is a autorun.inf and script EXE file try to delete dont OPen it!!!!!!!!!
This screen shot shows the USB drive
which is affected with virus
After Enabled the hidden files you can view the virus in the USB drive