In the case of internet on Ubuntu/Linux have very high speed compare with windows XP. So nowadays many ppl's are leaving windowsXp to Linux.
Connecting modem without WVdial or others:
Here i give an Easy way to use any type of DialUp modems (include mobile phone's) without using WVDIAL or something like that (no need for special drivers).
At now many modem (not only modem, all hardware) manufacture's write driver softwares for only windows. But Ubuntu have a special feature to automatically detect devices that you connect to CPU.
If you connect dialup modem using wvdial It takes very long time to connect, Registering IP ect. and also ubuntu does not detect the network connection even if you are already connected to net (ubuntu always say offline).
Here is a Simple Trick:
- First of all connect your modem to cpu.
- At first time click on network icon and select "Auto Mobile BroadBand Connection"
- It will try to connect wait untill it says "you are in offline"
- Then right click on the Network icon and select "Edit Connections"
- Then navigate the Third tab "MobileBroadBand" ther you can find the "Auto mobile broadband connection" doubleclick on it, Now give all needed data's
- You all need to give only Dial number,Username,Password. And Apply then close. (Dont edit other things. If your connection does not work remember to come back and edit these settings otherwise don't do anything.)
- Now ubuntu will try to connect the internet. After connected to the internet it will gives an notice 'You are in online'. If not go back to edit connection and check your connection.
When i am using EC325 modem in Windows it give me a speed 10kbps
But in Ubuntu it gives me a speed 80kbps.
[Why waiting go-try and leave comments]